2/6/10

BloodGun


This is a parody of the uber-grim concepts and exaggerated artwork prevalent in 1990s comic books. The character was inspired by some throwaway lines mentioned by Linkara in his review of Cable #1; after I finished the drawing I re-watched it, and realized to my dismay that, in fact, the character is not mentioned as having guns for arms or a head. In fact, he's supposed to have a head with no face. ...So if I just claim that the gun is in fact a mask--which hides the face--that he doesn't have anyway--and is still artillerarily functional--yep, I'm good. At least by '90s-mocking standards.
Although I do have to apologize for the total lack of pouches. That's just inexcusable for a Liefeldian creation. At least I got the single shoulder pad, enormous bulging crotch, and huge gun with vertically parallel barrels.

Drawn using:
No. 2 pencil
Black 0.4 mm pilot pen

No comments:

Post a Comment