3/19/11

6,000TH VISIT

The hits are now coming so fast that I can no longer keep accurate track of what brings my visitors here--today the hit total for the month passed that of the 28 days of February (1,242), itself over 400 more than in January (822), which had been double the highest of any month's total up to that point (395). The most I can tell you about my latest milestone visitor is that he/she clicked in late yesterday on Friday, March 18th, 2011 (inexactitude due to it being Shabbat), when the single-day record of 99 hits was broken--smashed, in fact, reaching an unprecedented 349. There's a good chance that he/she was referred here via e-mail, Twitter or Facebook, all of which have been aiding Monday's Jerusalem Post cartoon go semi-viral, apparently struck by the raw chord of emotion.
To those of you reading The Eighth Day for the first time: Welcome, and I hope I can keep you reasonably entertained. Please feel free to leave feedback in the comments.
To celebrate, here's two cartoons that were printed, also on Friday, in a local charity's Purim mock newsletter!

I was asked to include at least one cartoon about either my city (Beit Shemesh) or the charity (Lemaan Achai--donate now!). This is it. It refers to the craze our municipality has for building traffic circles, including in completely unnecessary places that hinder traffic instead of helping it.

After publication I discovered, to my surprise, that they are many English-speakers who do not in fact know what a "pink slip" is. (For the record, it refers to being fired.)
Chag Same'ach!

Drawn using:
No. 2 pencil (sketch)
Black 0.4 mm pilot pen
Black 0.5 mm pilot pen
Adobe Photoshop CS3

No comments:

Post a Comment