3/10/11

Cartoon wizards

You know, I do so love working without a net and having everything fall into place. I used to draw exclusively in pencil, then moved on to sketching by pencil before going over the lines more carefully in pen, but it's rare for me to do what I did here--draw straight-up with a pen, with every mistake there to stay--and even rarer to have so few mistakes in the end product. Makes me feel accomplished!
Anyway, these are two wizards displaying two Magic Tropes: A Wizard Did It and, rather more obviously, Magic A Is Magic A. (These can also be interpreted as opposing depictions of magical constraints in fiction: a) no rules or limitations except for what the writer decrees, and b) strictly plotted guidelines.)

Drawn using:
Blue 0.5 needle tip pen

No comments:

Post a Comment