4/14/11

Bat eating a fruit

There's these fruit trees some people have in the garden around the corner from that recently have been getting visits from bats around 9 PM. They're most likely Egyptian fruit bats (Rousettus aegyptiacus), the most common fruit bat found in Israel. (Incidentally, did you know that bats compose Israel's largest group of native mammals? I didn't.)

Note: not an actual drawing of an Egyptian fruit bat.
I do so enjoy watching bats. I don't get to see them so much, and there's something about them that's... "cute" isn't the right word. Neither is "awesome". "Fascinating", perhaps. I mean, the concept is one of Nature's best proofs that G-d has a sense of humor: a mammal possessing the ability to fly. (And don't even get me started on the platypus.)

Drawn using:
No. 2 pencil (sketch)
Black 0.4 mm pilot pen

No comments:

Post a Comment